<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07510886767\46blogName\75In+The+Crowd\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75SILVER\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-3448034796244855862', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

In The Crowd

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Goodbye, BlogSpot

Kids, I know this may come as a shock to you, but...I'm abandoning Blogger and shacking up with Wordpress.com. We've been growing apart for some time now, and I had to find a free hosted blog that can meet more of my needs. I hope you'll understand. Please update your bookmarks and feeds to http://alicia.wordpress.com/.

I'd hoped to wait to do this until domain mapping was available at wordpress.com, but the one-two punch of not being able to post most of the weekend and the disdain heaped upon Blogger in the past week has convinced me to go ahead with the move a little early. So yes, it's possible I'll be making a similar request later (though alicia.wordpress.com should still work even after the next change). It was beautifully simple to import everything, I think it took about two clicks and maybe one full minute. I'm feeling right at home over there already.

If you want to start your own wordpress.com blog, you can download Flock and all that wordpressy goodness is built right in. Mmmmm, goodness.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous krzysiek said…

    In my opinion Blegger isn't very bad, but Wordpress is much better.

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Restaurante Iasi said…

    If you ever go to a city named Iasi don't eat at Restaurante Iasi. Take this as my advice. They have the worst services available.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Wong Online PoK√©r Hu said…

    It is sad that you are leaving blospot. However, I can't blame you for doing such. I think that wordpress is better because of its features, which include spam detection. On the other hand, this does not mean that we will not view your post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home