<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07510886767\46blogName\75In+The+Crowd\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75SILVER\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-3448034796244855862', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

In The Crowd

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Early reports

I'm still trying to process everything I saw at Webzine 2005 this weekend. I'm groggily combing through notes and trying to match names and faces to blogs and software so please bear with me, I will talk about everything in far more detail than you could possibly want very soon. For now suffice it to say that I had a great time and learned more than I expected to. Even better, I found the inspiration I was looking for. Let's just hope I can hang onto it long enough to get things moving.

In completely unrelated news, I couldn't help but read this post over on the best city planning blog ever (yes, I really am nerdy enough to have a favorite). I haven't been blogging much about my Google Maps obsession recently, mostly because others have been doing a better job of keeping up with the constant stream of new cool stuff. But one maphack you might have heard of is Seattle's Bus Monster, which shows current locations off all busses on a route and their ETA. It's a tough call deciding which is better, Bus Monster or SF's real time traffic and NextBus systems. I'll have to give the edge to Seattle for now due to the seamless integration of bus and traffic data, but when those shelter signs show up in my neighborhood I think SF will take the crown.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Ian said…

    Bus Monster is sooo cool! Did you see the create alarm function where you it will notify you when a particular bus is coming?

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Blogger Alicia said…

    No, I missed it! So... if I posted, for example, a link to the NextBus Google Maps page, do you think there's any chance someone would do that for us? Especially if it would help them maybe get a new job?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home