<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07510886767\46blogName\75In+The+Crowd\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75SILVER\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/\46vt\75-3448034796244855862', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

In The Crowd

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

SOLD!

Ich bin endlich Autofrei.

This afternoon at 3:30 I signed away all liability to and ownership of my car in exchange for a tidy sum of money. It's taken a month to get to this point and I'm really glad it's over. In fact, I felt a huge wave of relief as I walked away from the DMV. No more waking up in panic at 6 am when the street sweeper goes by, wondering if I remembered to move my car. No more paying insurance, or registration, or gas, or oil changes, or tune ups. No more cringing when my roommates leave the house, knowing they have to shuffle three cars to get out of the garage. No more giant metal albatross.

Also, did I mention the fat wad of cash?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous shoshie said…

    Huzzah! Even without the stickers!

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Anonymous she said…

    Fantastic! Having just paid a huge wad of cash to the DMV yesterday, and another huge wad in insurance today, I am extremely envious.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous shoshie said…

    Ugh, no! Don't talk about DMV and insurance! I still haven't paid them... Maybe I should sell my... uhm... dinosaur, yeah...

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Camilo said…

    Ahh, no car, the joys of walking, of losing wait, of waiting for the bus...

    I sold my car about two weeks ago. And feel so free!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home