<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10886767\x26blogName\x3dIn+The+Crowd\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://inthecrowd.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3448034796244855862', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

In The Crowd

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Why this isn't a photoblog

I've had several requests to include photos here, and while I do try to link to other sites with relevant photos I don't plan to take my own.

Why? It's not that I lack the technology, or because I'm a terrible photographer. It's that the act of taking a photograph removes you from the circumstances you're documenting, so you become a lurker in your own life. Think about it for a minute. In order to take a picture, you have to stop participating in whatever is happening. Then as you look through the viewfinder and frame a shot, you distance yourself even further from your surroundings by turning the churning, changing world of events into a single two dimension image. A photograph tells a story in the third person, and the whole point of this blog is relate my experiences in the first person.

I may at some point change my mind, or enlist someone else's help. But right now that's where I stand.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous The Steve said…

    Pay me enough and I'd be happy to document you're entire life as it happens on camera... that would end you're third person dilemma.

    It doesn't take much to pay me enough either, I can assure you.

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Alicia said…

    If you stop spending every dollar you earn on CDs and actually get the hell out of Rising Sun, maybe we could work something out.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous the steve said…

    I could, realistically, move within a month or two if I really wanted, but since I've had problems getting jobs, even shitty ones, in the past, I want to have at least a few months worth of cash to live on in case I have employment difficulities once I get wherever I go.

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Anonymous guess said…

    TPATT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home